- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Sugar – 1.5 cups (+ 2 tbsp)
- Eggs – 4 count
- Butter – 8 Oz (2 sticks)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 0.5 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp (optional)
- Seeds of choice (watermelon, flax, hemp, etc.) – 4 tbsp (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350o Fahrenheit
- Bring eggs and butter to room temperature
- Beat eggs and butter in a large bowl
- Mix all other ingredients to the butter and egg mixture
- Mix until no lumps are visible
- Grease the bottom and sides of the baking pan(s) with butter
- Pour the batter into the greased pan(s) (1)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a fork test is passed (2)
- Remove pans from the oven and cut into nice designs (3)
- (1) Limit the height of batter to 1inch or less. If required, pour into multiple containers.
- (2) Use a fork or a skewer, and it should come out clean poked into the cake.
- (3) Remove the cake from the pan while it is still warm and shift to a cooling rack.